• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with repairing a damaged laptop caseing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdfreak04

I got this laptop like this for free, technically .. i did some computer work for him and i wanted this bad boy.... anyways.. its an aluminum casing .. and i wanted to fix the damaged end of it ... I was thinking of using jd weld... or epoxy ... i would have to make a mold of some sort for that to work thou ...

I was wondering what you guys can suggest in order to fix this diy style!

2mhbqev.jpg

29xc7z9.jpg

-steve

bondo lol .. noo .. not working ... um duck tape .. i think you watch red and green show to often ... comeon guys... any suggestions..?

lol I have the opposite corrner damaged on my 9300. I decided not to fill it in with bondo because of where the damage was would prevent the chasis from being opened in the future which I just wasn't so down with.

jd weld it is or epoxy ... i think aluminum epoxy.. has bits of aluminum .. i'll use that .. ill post here in time to come.. when i have time to do this .. :rolleyes:

Back