• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone bought a 165 from newegg last week?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

just wanted to know if anyone bought a 165 from newegg and it shipped from TN Small Warehouse
4995 Citation DR Suite 101
Memphis,TN 38118

what stepping are you getting? hope i dont get screwed :/

*edit* i ment anyone receaved it this week.

WoW, I did'nt know the egg had a warehouse in TN. :confused: I thought they only had one in NJ. I know they're based out in California.

They're pretty much ontop of the shipping. I've never had any problems.

Now about the Opty 165, I've seen some pretty nice oc's on them. I was going for either a 165 or 170, but then I got a great deal on the FX55 and went with that instead. I'm happy :D

Let us know what you get stepping wise.

yea i was really happy about buying one, untill i read that some of this last weeks shipments had really bad stepping in them. hope i get lucky!

Gods_oMekone said:
yea i was really happy about buying one, untill i read that some of this last weeks shipments had really bad stepping in them. hope i get lucky!

Dang. Well I figure it depends on where it ships from. Hopefully the warehouse in TN might still have a few of the older steppings and you might get lucky with one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes you get a smokin one ;)

if you are getting a 165, i am sure it is new stock, end of the run sillycon and will clock well.

the Egg has been selling fresh, end of the 939 run CPU's, the waffers have really good sillycon.

if you were to buy a CPU from a Mom & Pop, then you would have a much greater chance of getting older stock.

how does 3.2 gig out of a 165 sound...........:bday:

baldy

my 175 came from TN shipped on the 22nd i received the 24th, ccbwe stepping, blah... i hate getting a crappy stepping

DAM! i had a feeling. i hope i can get atleast 2.5g even on a crappy stepping :/

I received a 165 this past week and it came from the TN wharehouse. Right before I put it in, I figured out what was wrong with my comp and that the CPU I had was still working, so I sent it back.

I don't recall what the stepping was, but it was something very odd ... started with an "L," I was thinking. Kinda threw me off.

screw it, ill just be happy to have a working pc again, even if it dont OC much im sure it will be better than my p4 2.4c @ 3gig. this thing is like 4 years old.

I got a CCBBE 0610 Monday or Tuesday from the TN warehouse, i may have to dial my overclock down a hair after some more testing, but it looks to be able to do 2.8+ with ease, stock cooling 1.4v

Big Mike said:
I got a CCBBE 0610 Monday or Tuesday from the TN warehouse, i may have to dial my overclock down a hair after some more testing, but it looks to be able to do 2.8+ with ease, stock cooling 1.4v

u just made me feel alot better :) brown should be here on tues :)

Got a CCBBE 0610 DPMW out of CA on Monday. Originally I ordered the CPU by itself but it was coming out of TN and I didn't want to take a chance on getting another CCBWE - I've already got 2 of those. :( Guess I shouldn't complain about them too much, though - one does 2.8 and the other I've hit a heat barrier @ 2.65.
Nebulous said:
... then I got a great deal on the FX55 and went with that instead. I'm happy :D
I just started playing with my new FX-55 (CABNE 0524 TPMW :D). I'm using the POS A8N-VM board but I got 3.0 GHz (230x13) @ 1.45v (voltage not adjustable) ... :-/

Last edited:
I ordered about a month ago and got the ccbbe 0616xpmw from the NJ warehouse. How does 330x9 on 1.4 volts sound? Def cut the tops off the optys. Helps in almost all aspects.

bluesaint7 said:
Mine came in today from egg as well, but got the POS LCB9E 0646RPMW. Also from TN. MEM, SOB!!:argue:
oh.. damn, i'm sorry. :(

i would pop off the IHS, but i'm using either an xp90 or the 4-pipe stock HSF.. both of which use the clamps to mount, and probably aren't too friendly to nonIHS'd optys hah

well it took me forever to get xp installed, think my memory settings where wacked but its all good now, im running at 2.25gig atm (didnt really try to OC just get pc loaded with windows) im gona run prime like this for awhile then oc this baby

Back