• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone bought a 165 from newegg last week?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so far i have it at 2.48gig.

1.40v
275fsb 9/10
3x htt

i cant get anything higher think its my ram settings. ill mess with it more later i just wana play some games. anyone have some suggestions about settings? ide like to hit atleast 2.75g

tbh i have no idea what they are at. ill write them all down and post here once i wake up, running prime x2 now @ 2567mhz

Jesus.. my 165 is up to 300x9 at stock 1.35v right now, seems to be fine with temps and priming so far. It definitely has more in it.

Getting the mobo to POST after putting in the new chip was a royal pain.. clearing the cmos and popping the battery out didn't help and just gave me varying beep errors, until i booted with a single stick of RAM in.. then it booted fine with both. I really don't get it.

edit: this is a nice change from my newcastle 3500+ that didn't like going past 2.4ghz or so without 1.55v+ in it.

bluesaint7 said:
Mine came in today from egg as well, but got the POS LCB9E 0646RPMW. Also from TN. MEM, SOB!!:argue:

well, turned out to be not so bad, but can anyone please help???!

Ok, i installed the new dual core optimizer, installed the amd cpu driver, how come it still shows only 1 processor? something missing?

MSI NEO2 Platinum 1.c Final SideEffect Mod version
OCZ 3200 Gold VX Edition
cooler master hyper 6 HSF
Raidmax 630w modular

opty165.JPG

It's going to sound silly to ask, but under View -> CPU History, do you have 'One Graph Per CPU' checked?

Also, take a look in your Device Manager. Under 'Computer,' does it say ACPI Uniprocessor PC or something to that effect? Or does it mention ACPI Multiprocessor, etc.

From the CPU-Z its definately not just the graphs setting, go to device manager, click computer, it should say ACPI uniprocessor, click that and pick update driver and change it to the ACPI Multiprocessor driver, if its not an ACPI system driver your probably hosed and you'll have to reinstall windows as you can't change the type of hardware abstraction layer without a new install, other than to go from single to multiprocessor. LCB9E to my knowledge hasnt been proven to be a BAD stepping either, btw, I believe most newer build date opterons and X2s are this revision. CCBBE 0610 and 0617 in particular are well known good steppings, but probably we'll still see a few more good ones come up before they're all gone.

If the software change doesn't easily work sometimes forcing the BIOS to reconfigure does work. Try inserting ONE stick of RAM, boot to windows, shut down, then insert both sticks as usual and boot. If Windows still doesn't recognize it then try Device Manager again ...

Back