• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new laptop + Vista = buggy internet connection?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

hi everyone, i have a prediciment. i recently bought a HP dv6000nr laptop that was pre-loaded with vista premium. brought her home, plugged her in, installed antivirus//anit-spyware, installed games, apps. no problems. i even played WoW all night. the next morning, i wake up and go to download another app, and the internet is non-existant... it showed to be connected, but there was nothing when i opened firefox//Iexplorer... couple hours later, and its back online.i even checked the old desktop as to its connectivity. it works every time, but the laptop seems buggy. when connected, i get great performance, but thats when it wants to connect... it has been that way for about 4 days now, and its driving me nuts! (pirate walks into a bar and the bartender asks what the disgruntled pirate's problem is. the angry sailor replies," i have a steering wheel in my pants, and its driving me nuts!) sorry for the shameless pirate joke...

anyone have any suggestions?

ive tried with the laptop's built in wireless adapter turned off, and on, internet explorer's auto detect settings....

anyone? anything?

ok now im going out to buy a wireless router... maybe that might work?

thanks for all the help!

I think everyone's just scared of having anything to do with Vista,
it is an odd problem, I have a media PC running Vista at the mo and I haven't had any problems with either the wired or the wireless connection. I presume you have tried the usual of uninstall reboot and install?

coin said:
I think everyone's just scared of having anything to do with Vista,
it is an odd problem, I have a media PC running Vista at the mo and I haven't had any problems with either the wired or the wireless connection. I presume you have tried the usual of uninstall reboot and install?

actually i just went and bought a router 'Netgear WPN824' and YAY im online!!! i dont know how, but i think i dont wanna know! haha

Back