• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avyer

Registered
At the moment I have a 19" Phillips 190S. It was my first LCD, but as a main monitor I think it's time has come.

I want something 22" or larger. I've been looking at the Dell 22", but I'm also getting a lot of conflicting reviews of it. I've also looked over the NewEgg inventory of LCDs and at this point I just don't know what to get.

So guys, any advise?

I can comment on the 22" dell (set one up for my brother-in-law). Looks as good to me as the 2005/2007fpw's, except you don't get the USB ports, etc. Only vga and dvi. No extra bells and whistles. I believe there was also some posts here or on hardforums in regards to a different LCD being used for the 2007fpw and the 22". Anyhow, visually, it looks identical to my eyes. No ghosting or anything that I could see and it ran same 1680 resoln. Hope that helps.

1. The 22" Dell
2. Acer AL2216Wbd
3. BenQ FP222WH

Out of those three, what would you guys recommend?

Still open to any suggestions, those are just the ones I've found so far.

I've heard many good things about Dell LCDs. I'm not very experienced with monitors in general, but I recommend the Dell.

Back