• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble setting a Raid 0 on a P5W DH-Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I just bought 2 74GB Raptors and i'm having a hard time right out of the gate here! I'm not using the "EZ Raid" setup, i've heard it's a nightmare to deal with. I plugged the drives in Sata 1 & 3 booted to the Bios and selected "Raid" from the IDE Configuration. When I reboot and try the "Ctrl+L" to create my raid volume the menu screen appears for a brief second and then goes to a blank black screen with a blinking cursor, that's it nothing else. I cleared the Bios a few times and started over to no avail, I got the message "Reboot and select proper boot device" a few times but that was it.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is wrong here? Any help would be appreciated. Setup is in my sig and i'm currently running 1707 Bios on the board and have all the latest drivers installed. Thanks.

Rattle said:
plug into 1 and 2 try again
:) If it was only that easy.......I would if it had a 2, you might want to take a look at your board some time. :)

Attachments

• Sata Ports.jpg
    Sata Ports.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 435
haha was thinking of the P5b-d sorry

dunno man I'll look in my bios next time I reboot, I didnt have problem setting up matix raid.

NP man, thanks for the reply though. :beer: Yeah, this is driving me nuts, no matter how I try this I just can't get to the menu I need.

Yeah, setting up my RAID 0 on the Intel Matrix was painful. Sometimes the screen wouldnt show up...Im trying to remember how i ended up getting it to show up...do you have any other drives connected to the mobo?

i think all you have to do is set it to raid man then CTRL+L, I looked in the bios and thats all i did when I had my perps in raid for months.

Just the 2 Raptors, I left the 300GB Seagate disconnected until I got thing situated, which hasn't happened yet.

Rattle said:
i think all you have to do is set it to raid man then CTRL+L, I looked in the bios and thats all i did when I had my perps in raid for months.
Thats what i'm trying to do but I get a blank screen when I hit Ctrl+L, it's driving me nuts!

Rattle said:
bios flash bro hit up on 1506 I ran that for months till 1901 on yesterday, could just need a reflash :shrug:
1901?? Is that a beta version or something? I'm flashed to 1707 right now and I thought that was the latest version. I guess I'll try an earlier version and see if that works.

This is how I have my settings in the BIOS...

Configure SATA as>RAID
Onboard Serial ATA bootrom>Enabled

Boot Settings>Hard Drives>Intel RAPRAID (RAPRAID is the name of my RAID0 setup for my raptors)
Boot device priority>1st device>Intel RAPRAID.

Verse914 said:
No, 1901 is now an available BIOS...I am still running 1707...maybe thats the problem.
Sweet!!! I flashed to the 1901 Bios and i'm installing windows right now. I just flashed that 1707 Bios last week, lol. Just my luck. Everything seems to be going well so far, i'll let you know how I make out. :beer:

Rattle said:
you probably could have just reflashed the same bios and been ok
Probably but I didn't think it was going to be as easy as a Bios flash to fix the problem. I'm just glad it's working now.

I'm using EZ-Raid (fast mode) on my P5W-DH board. I think I had to format both drives first...

Honestly I could not get it to work with my first board (which went back for RMA due to faulty performance and inability to overclock at all)

The second board... I just plugged the drives in and they worked... just like that. On EZ Raid that is. Try it... It's the main reason I still have this board... That and the onboard Wireless.

Edit:There is a 1901? sweet... I should try that I think I am running 1801 or 1707...

EZ-Backup is just a port splitter for that "missing port2" on the Intel Matrix Storage Controller. Benches have shown that it's faster to use Intel Matrix Storage Controller than EZ-Backup.

Yes, everything i've read leans towards the intel controler rather than the ez raid. It seems to be working pretty well so far, man these raptors are fast!!!! :bday:

Back