• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!:EZ-BACKUP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Astrobot

Hi folks,

I've installed Vista 64-bit on Raid 0 successfully using the Silicon Image 4723 Hardware RAID controller (Asus EZ-Backup) on the orange cable. The problem is that I already have another hard disk with Vista 32-bit already installed on my Primary/Secondary(master and slave) IDE setup. So my problem is that when I reconnect my 2 hd Primary/Secondary IDE, it boot from the Primary IDE which is Vista 32-bit instead of the Vista 64-bit that I wanted. It seems like the Primary/Secondary IDE setup totally wiped the EZ-backup Raid 0 setup obsolete.

Can anyone in here know what I did wrong? I want to boot off from my EZ-backup Raid 0 setup with my Vista 64-bit. The only way that I know for it to boot from my Raid 0 is if I disconnect my Primary/Secondary IDE setup.

I want to be able to boot into my Raid 0 setup and when I do log into Vista, I also want to be able to see my other 2 hard disk that is connecting to the primary/secondary IDE and use it as a storage/backup drive.

Or is there a way for me to have a dual boot(from my ez-backup Raid and Primary) without having any conflict?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

It sounds like your boot options are set incorrectly in BIOS.

Ensure the boot order is not set to look at the IDE channels first, but instead your RAID controller - probably the scsi option or something else in your boot order, but definetly not your regular HDD option. If this is set correctly, it will boot into W64 and your other drives will still be accessible in windows. You may have to try different boot orders until you find the one that gets it right by trial and error, if you cannot look and recognize which one is right.

Last edited:
Back