• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e-6600 oc'ed @ 3.2 but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran5461

i got cpuz and windows system info running at the same time and i noticed this difference in cpu speeds... so i am a bit confused as to why that is. :eek:

any ideas...?

diff.jpg

I had the same thing with my 6600 at 400*8. I think some apps don't recognize the 8X multi.

Well the default multiplier for the e6600 is 9x, right?
And 9 x 400MHz = 3600MHz.
Windows thinks you're using your default multiplier, I'm assuming.

Last edited:
pciefd3.jpg

i got link width showing as 1x where as it should be 16x. what command/option in the bios will fix that, any ideas?

ty.

kamran5461 said:
pciefd3.jpg

i got link width showing as 1x where as it should be 16x. what command/option in the bios will fix that, any ideas?

ty.
hi'
I've seen such a thing in chipset, south bridge ...
it looks like it's in there ...
you should have 16x on both side of the cpuz bench...

i686

inorder to change the PCI x1 problem, go to bios and set PCI EXPRESS FREQUENCY to 110 instead of 100. That solution always work for me.

bail_w said:
inorder to change the PCI x1 problem, go to bios and set PCI EXPRESS FREQUENCY to 110 instead of 100. That solution always work for me.
hi'
I'm on 100 for pciE in bios and run 16x, but in the bios there is an option that say something like this under southbridge s/section of chipset, that say "force to 1x" or something similar ..

just check this, but I remember that we talked about it already, ask a mod to find the post, coz someone had a similar problem as you have ;)

i686

i686 said:
just check this, but I remember that we talked about it already, ask a mod to find the post, coz someone had a similar problem as you have ;)

I had this problem and changing the PCI-E Freq to 110 or 101 didn't solve it. For me it was because the NB/SB wasn't getting enough voltage (or in some cases I've heard too much voltage) so I set the voltages manually to 1.45 on the NB and SB to 1.6. I haven't had the problem since.

kamran5461 said:
i got cpuz and windows system info running at the same time and i noticed this difference in cpu speeds... so i am a bit confused as to why that is. :eek:

any ideas...?

diff.jpg

i have the same thing. asus p5b-dx wifi. both windows and tat show wonkyness

Back