• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you had 500-700 for a lcd what would you buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

Title pretty much sums up the question, if you had 500-700 dollars to spend on an lcd what would you buy? I am in the market for a new lcd/monitor for my computer and was wondering what monitor provides the best performance in this price range. The main use for this monitor is going to be watching movies/video games.

I know this doesn't help you.
But I'd probably wind up buying a few 17 inch monitors or two 19/20" monitors.

huey said:
Title pretty much sums up the question, if you had 500-700 dollars to spend on an lcd what would you buy? I am in the market for a new lcd/monitor for my computer and was wondering what monitor provides the best performance in this price range. The main use for this monitor is going to be watching movies/video games.

What size?

I did just have $700usd to spend on a monitor and I would have bought the Dell 2407 after a ton of research. It seems to be raved about by everyone that owns one.

After comparing some monitors at stores and friend's houses though I settled on the VX2235 from Viewsonic. It's plenty of monitor for me (web/gaming) and this thing is fantastic. I used the extra cash to get some Z-5300 speakers from logitech.

dfonda said:
Another vote for the 2407.

huey isn't that $300 over the budget??
Yeah, 300 is over the budget, but 37'' of an amazing LCD is what’s almost got me sold. When I move out (I am 18 now) I am looking to have a multimedia setup, so I think I may go with this, considering I will need a TV. Its either this at this point or a 2407WFP.

Easy vote for the 2407....

The main downside with such a large LCD if you play alot of newer games you'll have to have either A) Big Card or B) Be getting multiple cards for the setup.

I'd say you can mostly last a year with a High End (basically top card if not the top card in some cases) playing most games without an issue at full res. There are instances where it doesn't work out to be the case but lowering the res might be your only choice then.

Truely if I did it again a 21" Widescreen would of done it but once you have a 24"s of pure enjoyment theres no way you can go back. I don't regret the purchase but if I had to do it again for the first time I'd definatly take a look at the pluses and cons between the 2 displays.

I know it's been suggested to death, but hey, one more can't hurt can it?

My vote goes to the 2407 :D

I bought one when they first came out, and recently bought a second for dual display. Absolutley love them.

I guess the only purpose of 1080p is to get the entire picture?

Jesus, didnt know the 2407 was so dang popular. Any places besides dell sell the monitor, or is it strictly sold directly from dell?

huey said:
I guess the only purpose of 1080p is to get the entire picture?

Jesus, didnt know the 2407 was so dang popular. Any places besides dell sell the monitor, or is it strictly sold directly from dell?

Ebay lol

Lacie? is that the name, or are they all $800+ , oh, i dont think they have good response rates, just awsome color reprodction,

never mind!

Back