• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you had 500-700 for a lcd what would you buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BossBorot said:
no, 720p sucks for computer monitors. Also you can get a 37" 720p set for 600 bucks from outpost.com.

Basically if you want to game on a tv then you want 1080p and the cheapest set that offers it is the 37w3 westinghouse.
2405 it is :)

I got the 2405 and love it...you can get a 2405 for 500 used probably, the 2407 is around 700 I think...just a newer model, but 24" and 1920x1200 is awesome!

decided to go with the 37" westy, bought a new graphics card, some hdmi stuff, and soon to come, some form of x-fi+7.1. Decided to break the budget because it will really serve its purpose in what I am trying to do, and the size I am trying to get :). Will have pics in about a week or so :).

seems like that is the best fit for what you wanted considering that you wanted a tv as well. Way to break the budget though :beer:

BossBorot said:
seems like that is the best fit for what you wanted considering that you wanted a tv as well. Way to break the budget though :beer:
Yeah, totally broke the budget with this one, but I had the dispensable cash for it, actually had the cash on hand. I think it will be worth it, I will post pictures when I get them.

I would like to mention the LG just launched there 24inch LCD which uses the better M-PVA vs the Dell's S-PVA. But It appears this monitor can not do 1080P through the component or the VGA. One good thing about most 24inch panels is they can hook up DVD's players, consoles, etc.. and still function as a monitor. If you are looking at these features, do not get the Dell. It has a very cheap scaler. Get the BenQ FP241WZ. This is my top pick right now. But I am now looking into LG's 24inch LCD. See what it offers.

huey said:
decided to go with the 37" westy, bought a new graphics card, some hdmi stuff, and soon to come, some form of x-fi+7.1. Decided to break the budget because it will really serve its purpose in what I am trying to do, and the size I am trying to get :). Will have pics in about a week or so :).

hmmm ... im thinking if i were your parents ... you may soon find yourself permanently grounded for life (at least of the above components) and chained to your bed ... before you can slip out the door ... but definately and conviently after you bring that stuff home

lol

greyharte said:
hmmm ... im thinking if i were your parents ... you may soon find yourself permanently grounded for life (at least of the above components) and chained to your bed ... before you can slip out the door ... but definately and conviently after you bring that stuff home

lol
I hope your sitting pretty far back for that huge @$$ monitor. :bday:

Got the westy today. Oh my ****ing god. Absolutely insane.

Back