• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to expect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

OK so I ordered a custom phase unit from NoL over at XS. He says he will tune it to 200 watts. I am curious about what I might expect as far as performance gains on my current setup, with one change. I will be adding 2x1gb Firestix DDR2 1000 in place of the Corsair RAM.

Well 3.5ghz on 1.400v doesn't looks like a great chip but you should be able to break 4ghz with some more voltage but probably won't reach 4.5. With a really good 6800 you can get close to 5ghz :)

My E6700 does 3.6ghz stable on 1.350v, going to put it under phase change soon, going to try breaking 4.5ghz :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply Pf.

I maybe should have been more specific. I am not looking to break any records. Just wondering what my max 24/7 stable OC might look like.

Nobody will be held accountable for any info they give me here, just curious what people think.

P.S. I also have an E6600 sitting here that usewd to run stable on this same setup at 400*8 with 1.37vcore. I don't think this is anu golden chip either , but maybe it will do as good or better than my X6800?

I have an x6800 its max 24/7 speed under phase was 4.279 this was on a B2 stepping chip if you have a B0 it should clock higher.

Cool! Thanks for the input guys. I never thought 4ghz would be attainable, but now I will try.

It is a B2 revision. I found this in CPU-Z. I assume this is the stepping?

I guess I will keep upping the 10x multi a little at a time and see what happens.

Will the phase allow me to use lower vcore on the OC I have now?

Yeah I also think 4.1-4.3GHz 24/7 sounds right.

Also, how a CPU does on air is very often no indication of how it will do subzero.

For example, this CPU of Epox4Life's can't even do 3.4 on air. But that shot was done with a Vapo LS. CPU's can scale in an unexpected manner with lower temperatures and colder temperatures. (4.5GHz for 1M Pi = 4.2GHz 24/7)

Back