• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best order in a loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dvanlinge

Registered
Hi,
What is the best order for a WC loop with these components?

Pump (DD-D5)
DD-TDX for 775 intel
NB - DD-ASUS A8N MAZE4 Chipset Block
SB - DD-ASUS A8N MAZE4 Chipset Block
Alphacool Heattrap RegCooler Asus SLI
2nd Alphacool Heattrap RegCooler Asus SLI
2x DD-NV88GTX
Thermochill pa120.1
Thermochill pa120.3
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

This is in a Lian-li G70 case where the pa120.3 will be mounted in the top and the pa120.1 will be mounted outside behind the rear exhaust all with 1/2" tygon, the only other thing I have figured out is the pump will be in the bottom of the case, also has anyone changed the nozzel in the TDX and does it make any difference?

Thanks,
Dave

dvanlinge said:
Hi,

Pump (DD-D5)
DD-TDX for 775 intel
2x DD-NV88GTX
Thermochill pa120.1
Thermochill pa120.3
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

This is in a Lian-li G70 case where the pa120.3 will be mounted in the top and the pa120.1 will be mounted outside behind the rear exhaust all with 1/2" tygon, the only other thing I have figured out is the pump will be in the bottom of the case, also has anyone changed the nozzel in the TDX and does it make any difference?

Thanks,
Dave
Well, order won't make THAT much of a difference. I have pump<rad<cpu<nb repeating (of course).

The difference between that and when I had it pump<cpu<nb<rad is 0c, there was absolutely no difference. But that all depends on what hardware your using.

EDIT: if you have a 120.3, there is no reason for the 120.1....

dvanlinge said:
so why do you have the rad inbetween the pump and cpu?

It is just the way I have everything setup. I'll post pics if you give me about 5 mins.

so your saying any order, so would you just try to make the loop as small as possible then? also I would think the coolant would get hotter as it went through the loop causing the components at the end to be hotter, this would not be the case?

dvanlinge said:
so your saying any order, so would you just try to make the loop as small as possible then?
Small as possible will give you better results than order IMO.

EDIT: editting pics now...

EDIT: uploading....zzzz

so then the shortest with the RAD at the top and pump in the bottom would be:

Pump > SB > GPU2 > GPU1 > NB > CPU > vReg > vReg > RAD > Reservior > Pump

would this work or would the CPU be running at higher temps?

dvanlinge said:
so then the shortest with the RAD at the top and pump in the bottom would be:

Pump > SB > GPU2 > GPU1 > NB > CPU > vReg > vReg > RAD > Reservior > Pump

would this work?

I thought about it a bit, you may want to cool the hottest parts first, CPU/GPU. You may see a difference if you are running dual 8800GTX and an O/C Conroe. Pics shown on mine:

Front, as you can see pump<rad<cpu:
IMG_0767.jpg

From the inside:
IMG_0769.jpg

Rest of the loop:
IMG_0768.jpg

I like it because it is short and clean.

Thideras

Thanks, I have a question, you don't need clamps on the "T"??? I thought you should put clamps on all connections...

dvanlinge said:
Thanks, I have a question, you don't need clamps on the "T"??? I thought you should put clamps on all connections...
The only reason I don't is because it is WAY bigger than the tubing im using. If you look at the pics, you can see I have to really stretch it to get it to fit. I highly recommend using clamps. Hehe, and the only way to get it off without breaking anything is to cut the tubing. The T connect is 1/2 ID and 3/4 OD, which is the same size as the tubing.

EDIT: I also just looked and you put that you are running a res, you won't have a T-line :p

Yes I will have a t-line but without a window in my case I need someway to keep an eye on the coolant level.

dvanlinge said:
Yes I will have a t-line but without a window in my case I need someway to keep an eye on the coolant level.

...you have a res listed in your setup...are you deciding to not have one now? You don't need a T-line if you have a res and vice versa...I'm confuzzled.

I will have both, the reservoir to keep an eye on the level and the t-line to allow me to add coolant without opening the case.

dvanlinge said:
I will have both, the reservoir to keep an eye on the level and the t-line to allow me to add coolant without opening the case.

...I guess you could, but it would take up alot of space and I don't think it would be worth it IMO.

dvanlinge said:
Hi,

Pump (DD-D5)
DD-TDX for 775 intel
2x DD-NV88GTX
Thermochill pa120.1
Thermochill pa120.3
XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

Thanks,
Dave

Thats quite a lot on a single loop.:eek:

dvanlinge said:
I just don't want to open the case after it is completed.

I don't have to open mine, the port is on top of the computer. Pic:

IMG_0775.jpg

I just pop the top off and refill. But I also have no problem opening my case.

Back