• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD!!!! HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam__

I start windows and boot in ok, but then i log on and after about a minute the system freezes and after about 30secs of this i get a BSOD with the following error:

Stop:0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFADFCDBB32040, 0xFFFFFADFCCDB322A8, 0xFFFFF800013CFC10)

I am running Windows XP pro 64bit corp service pack 1

If anyone could help in any way it would be excellent.

Sam__ said:
I start windows and boot in ok, but then i log on and after about a minute the system freezes and after about 30secs of this i get a BSOD with the following error:

Stop:0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFADFCDBB32040, 0xFFFFFADFCCDB322A8, 0xFFFFF800013CFC10)

I am running Windows XP pro 64bit corp service pack 1

If anyone could help in any way it would be excellent.

How long have you had your system? How long was it running OK? What did you change or add to your system? Overclocked any?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=420646

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4977862&postcount=23

Try starting in safe mode and see if there is anything in a message about "system32\config"

Last edited:
jjv687 said:
lol, "corp edition" is stolen XP

Not necessarily. There are good "corporate" versions out there. When I was working in the IT department at a local university back in 2001 or so, I was given a copy of the campus-wide distro of XP, and told that I could use it as much as I wanted since they had payed the money for infinite licenses. Thus, there are those of us with legit copies of "corporate" XP.

well...i downloaded this one so i have no idea wether its legal or not

but when i have to run the validation thing of the mircosoft site it says its real and i havnt tweaked my XP at all

Sam__ said:
its not as such because its a corp edition.
A corporate edition on a private install is a pirated edition. You may not use a Volume License Key (which is, IIRC, what a corp edition needs to work properly) unless you are the company that holds that key.

(THF, note that you were an authorized user of your Uni's VLK. Sam__ almost certainly isn't.)

You have a bum version of Windows; that in itself should not make it die horribly. You probably have yet another driver conflict or a hardware issue.

RollingThunder - there was no download price lol. I think it was my HDD as the cable was not connected very well and it kept not registering in the bios but i sorted it out and re-installed so it seems to be ok now.

I kept reading this thread and it just kept getting better. SP1, then corp. edition, then the people making fun of you for having a PIRATED XP install... hahaha...

Anyhow, if it helps, the only times I've gotten F4 errors were when I had my RAM clocked too high, so I guess run make a Memtest86 bootcd and check for errors.

The first thing to do on these things is just reseat the IDE or SATA cable. It won't usually work but sometimes that's the problem.

dgk said:
The first thing to do on these things is just reseat the IDE or SATA cable. It won't usually work but sometimes that's the problem.

^^^ true ^^^

i have had that problem arise to me in a couple of comps that i fixed!!!

the owner was poking around not knowing what they were doing made about $25 for each person lol for initial inspection and then diagnosing and fixing the problem and running stability test

Sam__ said:
RollingThunder - there was no download price lol.
Uh...doesn't that make it a pirated version :rolleyes:

Unless your university or IT department lets you download an corperate ISO of XP for personal use, which I find highly unlikely. I mean, TollhouseFrank got himself an actual CD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back