• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x850pro vs fortron 300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

So I have a fortron 300 watt psu, the one with the 120mm fan, i cant look atthe model #, as it is installed now. I have an x850pro on the way here, and im worried about my psu.

Right now it's running:

Asus mobo (I forget...)
2600+mobile at 2.6
512 @ 233
FX5200 PCI (it has ran a 9800pro though)
and an mcp600 (H20 yo)

Will this fortron be able to run this? I guessI would be willing to back down my processor a little bit, it's running some pretty high voltage now. I'm spending a lot recently, and I really need to start putting some money in the bank..I feel bad. haha I have a cheap crappy psu that I could power the pump with, if that would help. I dont really trust anything else in my system with it.

Also, wrong forum but, the X850pro AGP, any info on it? I hear some pipelines unlock, and it likes to OC?
Any info?

edit- how did i miss the X850pro flashing sticky?!...sometimes i wonder about myself

Last edited:
you = hero :)

I dont want to dump any more money then I have to into this, as i am getting a laptop when i graduate...but i have a strong attachment to it

hopefully my used x850pro will unlock..:-/

Back