• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an Awesome Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1cem4n

So my Core 2 Duo system doesn't have a case right now and I don't know what to use. The specs are in my sig and There needs to be quite a bit of room. I will also be installing a PA120.2 radiator and I don't want it sticking out on the outside. The 1kw powersupply is kind of long too so it'll need some room to fit it in.

I do want to stick to Midtowers and I like square edges so nothing like the Lian-li v-cool series if I can help it. I will only have 1, MAYBE 2, optical drives. I used to have a P180 and it was one of the first revisions so I hated it and am not so partial to it. Is the Antec Nine hundred any good?

I will be going to LANs too but not too often that I will need something super light and with carrying handles but nothing like a Mountain Mods UFO case although they are really appealing.

Can anybody help?

1cem4n said:
...There needs to be quite a bit of room...
The link above is for a very nice looking, well ventilated case, but I wouldn't say it has "quite a bit of room". In fact, I would say it is cramped.

don't really like the look, too much flash and not enough substance. i've had bad experiences with thermaltake cases before so i've chosen to avoid them lulz. and it's a fulltower. i don't like monsterously tall cases.

1cem4n said:
don't really like the look, too much flash and not enough substance. i've had bad experiences with thermaltake cases before so i've chosen to avoid them lulz. and it's a fulltower. i don't like monsterously tall cases.

I like my Stacker 810, it's not real tall but it is real deep.:D

ETA: Maybe the original Stacker?

This is my 1st full tower and I love it. I think the looks are just awesome and all of my components fit nicely with room for a 2nd dedicated waterloop for my 2x8800-GTX cards.

Lian Li G75-B

Heres my mostly finished main rig with both side panels off.

Attachments

• DSCF2119 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2119 (Small).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 482
i really don't want a fulltower as the height looks awkward to me. and I would hate to carry it to a LAN

1cem4n said:
The antec nine hundred doesn't seem to have quite enough room for a PA120.2

The PSU is mounted on the bottom of the case leaving the top clear.

quite like the silverstone TJ07 although don't own one. but i have a cooler master mystique 631. looks nice but u gota mount the rad outside and thats not what you're looking for.

OR

just build your own. like how im gona try to build a wooden case for my old rig. that way you can have all the things you need.

1cem4n said:
The antec nine hundred doesn't seem to have quite enough room for a PA120.2
Theres room, you might only have room for one optical drive then, but it would fit. [if you front mount it] Obviously you would need to get creative and make your own HD rack too.

900 is quite light too... would make a great case as far as portability goes without being too small to work with.

Last edited:
meionm said:
Thermaltake armor then
Yup! Easly handles a 1kw psu, it has PERFECT airflow, you can fit an ultra 120 in it no problem.. plenty of room to expand and amazing case construction. I've had mine 2 years with 3 diff systems.. perfect case for me.
Drop the drive case and put ur cd-dvd in the top and you've got room for a 2 120 rad and if u only use the top cage you could easly put a black ice extreme 3 in the front!

Heres what your system looks like in an armor!
managed.jpg.jpg

Back