• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current OC on my new opty 165

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frost75

Registered
Well Here is my to-date overclock on my new cpu. Opty 165 LCB9E 0704TPMW.

I am planning to extend the testing to lower voltages, and maybe higher frequency if possable.

Voltages: CPU 1.58, LDT 1.5, CHIP 1.68, MEM 1.96
Freq: CPU 2925, MEM 265, FSB 975
52 hour prime95 pass, my super pi was actualy 16 seconds slower than my FX OC was, but I am still working on it.

Here is all the statistics:

Attachments

• NOC.JPG
    NOC.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 70
  • NOC1.JPG
    NOC1.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 63
  • NewOC2.JPG
    NewOC2.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 66
  • NOC3.JPG
    NOC3.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 48
Meh, well smartguardian shows it around 42C max load. but I run this coretemp.exe ppl telling me to try and it shows the cores at like 55C load right at start with 1.56vcore. Yet, if thats true, with that 52 hour prime at 1.58vcore, wouldnt the cpu be damaged by now? It isnt. I dont get all this bable about 1 temp type vs the other temp type. If smartguardian was so offbalance they wouldnt include it in the driver disk as something to be of use.

Core Temp is different than CPU temp. Core Temp gives you die temperatures, and those usually are significantly higher than CPU temps for 90nm chips.

Also, the core temps can be ±10°C because the internal sensors aren't calibrated very well - probably the reason AMD doesn't actually support them on the 939 socket ...

Well Even with the stock settings in bios I cant get any of my single player games to play it seems. I tried medal of honor pacific assault, and call of duty 2. I have the windows xp dual core patch installed, the amd dual core opimization installed, I am setting the affinity to only 1 core in the games even.

MOHPA crashes randomly during game play, everything locks up have to force reboot. COD2 locked up the system 2 seconds into starting a new game. I am very frustrated with this right now More than anything. I cant play my SP games. My FFXi MMPORG works fine, hell ffxi has worked fine even with unstable overclocks(on my FX anyways). but none of my single player games work worth a darn even with stock settings, That is with this opteron. These games played fine on my FX, except for 1 time when MOHPA just closed out on its own. But after that it ran for hours perfectly fine.

I need to figure out what the problem is with games and this opteron 165 processor...

Back