• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

portforwarding don't see to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alan.cun

Registered
can any one help me try to forward ports on my router as it dont seem to work i tryed to use http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=6881 as a test to forward the port 6881 but it is not working i dont use utorrent just useing that as a tool to see if the router is forwarding the port

i have a single pc connect to the router with ip address of 192.168.1.100 my router is also the modem too. (donno if it works like that thow do you need to have 2 pcs connect ?)

no you dont need two pcs to connect. If you do have 2 pcs however, you will need to reserve the IP for that computer so the other one doesnt steal it by accident or the port will be worwarded to the other computer.

That can be done by reserving the IP for the computer in the routers settings or setting up static IPs. If there is only one computer you dont need to do that.

Also make sure the port forward is enabled, Ihave done the stupid and forgot to click the enable box, it would be all entered correctly just not active.

There are free port scans on the net that will check for you, Ill see if I can find one.
EDIT: I cant seem to find it. I used to know a couple good ones that you could enter your port number and it would report to you whether it was seen open or closed. maybe someone else can help?

Skeith said:
no you dont need two pcs to connect. If you do have 2 pcs however, you will need to reserve the IP for that computer so the other one doesnt steal it by accident or the port will be worwarded to the other computer.

That can be done by reserving the IP for the computer in the routers settings or setting up static IPs. If there is only one computer you dont need to do that.

Also make sure the port forward is enabled, Ihave done the stupid and forgot to click the enable box, it would be all entered correctly just not active.

There are free port scans on the net that will check for you, Ill see if I can find one.
EDIT: I cant seem to find it. I used to know a couple good ones that you could enter your port number and it would report to you whether it was seen open or closed. maybe someone else can help?
Ok sweet i setup a static ip and done that test with utorrent and still no port was forwarded

smokie mcpott said:
i think most ISPs block port 6881 since it is a common torrent port... try something uncommon.
is there a way of testing the port after i forward the port on my router if that port is blocked

smokie mcpott said:
google a program called
angryip
hi cool program cheers. Ever port i forward on my router dont seem to open up @ all how come this happings

still having problems try to forward ports to my computer i done a port sscan on the ports i wanted to forward and none of them wear open the only port which was open was my remote management port 8080 can i setup a route for incoming on that port

Make sure you have an exception in your Firewall. I choose to use a port in the upper 20000 range just to get off the standard 6881.

Back