• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running Prime95 on a P4 w/ HT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

golfking222

I am trying to get 100% full load on my Pentium 4 650 w/ HT. When I run one instance of the program on "Torture Test" it only put the CPU up to aruond 50% load. When I try to run the .exe twice, it doesn't let me run "Torture Test" in both. How do I get Prime95 to get 100% load?

Thx :)

Are these temps okay for a Pentium 4 650 @ 3.4GHz (Stock Clock and Cooling)?

44 on idle and 58 on load. Those should be fine right? Well, doesn't really matter, I've got a Tuniq Tower on the way anyway :)

yep, should be OK. the tuniq will probably drop you below 50c at load, so you are set, and will probably have room to push further.

CPU averaging 62 degrees after 10 minutes of orthos. Intel site says the Thermal Specificiation is 67.7. Keep going? I think I'll push it a little more, once my Tuniq arrives tomorrow I'll be able to push both the CPU and the MoBo to the limit :).

EDIT: Wow also took 10 seconds off a 1M Super Pi run o_O.

Gonna keep it steady at 242.5 which makes it 4.12GHz :)

I tried to boot above 1000/667 but I guess the motherboard can't handle it. The NB HS gets really hot too. I might get one of those HR-05s.

Last edited:
Orthos looking good after 16 minutes. CPU sitting at 67 degrees, not too bad. Clocked at 4.25GHz with 250FSB x 17. Ram clocked at 333 giving me a nice 3:4 ratio. I'll see if I can get it to boot 1:1 with the Tuniq tomorrow. I doubt it though, NB is very hot.

EDIT: The core voltage seems to fluctuate quite a bit from 1.3 to 1.4. I have it set in the BIOS to 1.44 I think. Why is it not keeping steady?

Last edited:
vcore fluctuation is present on pretty much every mobo out there.

4.25ghz is pretty sweet on the stock cooler. here's to 4.75ghz with the tuniq :beer:

Hellzzz yeahhhhhh, only problem now is my basement is flooding with water. (I' m in NY). GAHHH!!!

EDIT: Here are the idle and load temps for 4.25GHz.

Idle: 45/46
Load: 66-68

Last edited:
Back