• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best nvidia AGP card out now...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Chum said:
See sig for current card...would an upgrade be worth it?

Thinking on this one...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143046

Let me know opinions...

The 7800GS would be faster if it isn't system speed bottle necked. It would probably be better if you saved
your money toward upgrading to a faster PCIe system and card though. A 2.6 P4 is not exactly a ball of fire
anymore.

Note I am not down on AGP systems as I still use one myself but I also have a 3.9Ghz Conroe/680i rig
when I have the need for real speed too.

Viper

Thanks for those links!

Are you saying "I could not use the card with my CPU" OR are you saying "I would not get the full benefit of the card with my CPU"?

Chum said:
Thanks for those links!

Are you saying "I could not use the card with my CPU" OR are you saying "I would not get the full benefit of the card with my CPU"?

You can use the card. Chin is saying you need to get your system up (OC the CPU) to get full benefit of the new card and I agree with him.

Viper

Back