• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recomended voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slugshot_90

Registered
anyone know what the recommended voltage not to go past is on a A64 3500+ 2.2GHz venice core

i had my 3200 venice to 1.62 for like an hour, then 1.6 for about two days on and off, but it was ran at about 1.57 for months, just depends on temps, if you can get prime95 load temps below 60c with it you should be ok for long term, atleast thats what i say, i tried prime95 today with my cpu just because it finally got real hot outside, i hit 62c with my X2 today but my ambient is like 95 f in here.

right now i have mine OC at 2.7 GHz with a voltage of 1.6 and with prime 95 i have temps of 45c would it be safe to OC some more

ok i looked at core temp and im using stock heatskin and fan and wiht prime 95 my temp is 56C

ok thats a good temp, i would run it a while and see if it gets any higher

if that was the absolute max i wouldnt mind upping it a little more
amd says the venice can run up to 65c undamaged, but there has to be a couple spots in the core that are a couple degrees hotter than what coretemps tells you

yea well maybe if i get a better heatskin and cooler it would go down

i would recommend the Z3 but im not sure i like it anymore, i got it for $24 so i cant complain, but i would now have gone with that coolermaster 2x120mm fan heatsink, which is $50, its great for your ram also, my Z3 fits over my only ram module so its difficult to put some sort of fan over it(pic in my sig)

i dunno what i ran my old venice core at but i ran my x2 at 1.7 for about a year.. and well its dead

i have upgraded to am2 but have not fixed my sig yet.. still testing

1.6 is the limit if u want it to last longer then a yaer.. LOL

mine was running 1.7 on water and it died after a year..

i dunno if phase change effects its life.. temps were good it never went over 50c and it was fine.. maybe it was just its time

lol

Back