• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will DDR2 800 work...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NedClocker

Will DDR2 800 work on a DDR2 400 board? I'm guessing that it will.

Last edited:
bigtoyota479 said:
It will work and be rather wasteful so far underclocked. That's just an opinion though.
At the price he got it for it would have been a shame not to get it. Plus if he gets a board that takes 800mhz ram later he can reuse it instead of having to buy new sticks :thup:

Buying "future proof" ram, is not a bad thing.

Boards come and go, as cpu's do, but Ram is always needed.

bigtoyota479 said:
It will work and be rather wasteful so far underclocked. That's just an opinion though.

Agreed. It was an honest mistake, though. I thought I needed it. But, hey, the good news was that it would still work with what I had. I didn't have to rush out at the last minute and try to get something else to get the system working for the contest.

However, if I don't figure out linux real quick, I'll be running Win SMP. :D

sno.lcn said:
At the price he got it for it would have been a shame not to get it. Plus if he gets a board that takes 800mhz ram later he can reuse it instead of having to buy new sticks :thup:

Yeah, I imagine that's what I'll wind up doing.

Back