• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a favor..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
My internet is down at my house, I'm not sure if it will be up by the time I get home, but the WU I was running will end at noon today and I don't have another SMP WU..could someone download a SMP WU (linux) for me, zip it and post it here? So I can download it from school, put it on my flashdrive and load it up at my house?

Last time my internet went down it took bright house/earthlink two (2) days to get it back up! But that was 6 months ago..I love earthlink as in the three years I've had it its only gone down twice.

Thanks guys!

Shell-

I'm not good at posting attachments like the zip format, have to check to be sure we can do it.

I can probably e-mail you one. If that would work???

LMK.
WII

Sent file to WarriorII on request.

OP: What time zone are you in? ...might be past 12 there.

Aren't Windows SMP WU's and Linux SMP WU's different?

I would imagine they are, because of the different clients used to Fold them.

Anyone else?

WarriorII said:
Aren't Windows SMP WU's and Linux SMP WU's different?

I would imagine they are, because of the different clients used to Fold them.

Anyone else?

I did a quick google search and could not find info...only that the clients are different...duh...lol

I will give it a try in a few minutes on a linux rig that is is about to finish a wu.

I am not sure how big it will be and how well it will zip ... in past experience they are big.

If it is to big to post/email i have a quad that will finish one in an hour and will see if it gets another 3043/3046 since they are a lot smaller download.

Steve I have a fresh 2604 zipped using winzip to 2.145 MB.

However i can't post it here since the max zip attachement is 585 K,

Do you have an email address that could accept it?

PM me

Pete, you can upload for him, to: http://www.mytempdir.com
which is a free file hosting site. They host files up to 50 Mb, so a WU should be no problem.

Just send Shelnutt the retrieval key.

Thanks Adak :)

... a useful site ... but i can see why it is free with all the popups :eek:

hopefully my anti spyware is up to snuff :shrug:

pscout said:
... a useful site ... but i can see why it is free with all the popups :eek:

You must be using IE, I see NO ads and NO pop ups in firefox
at least no pop ups with any content...there seems to be one but it is empty... :beer:

Ok, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Pscout has sent me the file though. My internet is still down. I think I've talk to more tech support people, today than in my life. Mainly because 1) They only can read from a script, 2) I said Linux, they said *click*. and 3) WE fixed the issue, internet!, then it dies not 30 seconds later..IP address keeps going on me.

The first tech support person I talk to said, "everything looks fine from here, your modem seems to be in working order, although you don't seem to have an IP address..Restart your computer and see if you get an IP address then, its probably your computers fault." After I restart, just to make her happy, "Hmm you still have no IP address, I honestly don't know why. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I then got a replacement cable modem at the local bright house place, still comes and goes. Spent the next 2 hours being transfered through level 1 tech support, never could get people to transfer me to level 2 or higher...they just said they would send a technician out.

:beer: :beer: To friends who let me use their internet:)

Shelnutt2 said:
Ok, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Pscout has sent me the file though. My internet is still down. I think I've talk to more tech support people, today than in my life. Mainly because 1) They only can read from a script, 2) I said Linux, they said *click*. and 3) WE fixed the issue, internet!, then it dies not 30 seconds later..IP address keeps going on me.

The first tech support person I talk to said, "everything looks fine from here, your modem seems to be in working order, although you don't seem to have an IP address..Restart your computer and see if you get an IP address then, its probably your computers fault." After I restart, just to make her happy, "Hmm you still have no IP address, I honestly don't know why. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I then got a replacement cable modem at the local bright house place, still comes and goes. Spent the next 2 hours being transfered through level 1 tech support, never could get people to transfer me to level 2 or higher...they just said they would send a technician out.

:beer: :beer: To friends who let me use their internet:)

Not all tech support reads from a script, well....atleast I don't :santa:

Mark620 said:
You must be using IE, I see NO ads and NO pop ups in firefox
at least no pop ups with any content...there seems to be one but it is empty... :beer:

Yeah ... i should have used firefox i guess.

I made the mistake of allowing popups temporarily in IE thinking that the site was trying to present a dialogue box related to the upload.

I will know better nextime. Still, a handy site.

This is the exact thing that makes me feel that I am folding for the best team on the net. I hope it all gets worked out for you Shel. It's amazing how much a down connection can slow things down for you.

Back