• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HTPC style case with good cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitecaller

Registered
Hello,

I'm looking for a HTPC case that can hold 3 hard drives, has good quiet cooling (shooting for 12CM fans), stealth doors for the DVD drive, and decent room inside. I do not need an LCD touch screen since it will be a server and not a media center PC. I’m also trying to keep the cost of the case under $150.

At this time I’m swaying toward the nMEDIAPC HTPC 200BA $89.99 but my issue with this case is the 80mm and 2 60mm fans that it uses for cooling.

What I liked about it is that it will hold 3 hard drives and comes with the temperature/fan display with a built in fan controller. This setup should let me connect two 25cm fans that I was going to install in the rear sides of the entertainment center to cool the cabinet. At this time it gets real warm if the glass doors are closed with the Stereo on and I will not stick anything else in there till I add airflow.

The server needs to have a wired connection and my Router sits on top of the entertainment center so that is what directs me to go this route. I figure blending it into the rest of the entertainment center would be the way to go and can finally cure my cabinet airflow

Any suggestions on cases would be great!

The other one I was looking at was the Antec Solution Series NSK2400 unfortunately I would have to mount the 3rd drive in one of the 5 ¼” bays.

Back