• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Video Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xantom

I am considering purchasing an XFX GeForce 8800 GTX, from Craigslist. I am concerned about purchasing it and it not working. I guess my question is, if I bought it and I had problems, would XFX cover repairing via the warranty they supply? The guy claims it's new and has never been used. When I asked about the seal on the anti static bag he claims that there isn't a seal on the bag. I haven't purchased a retail Nvidia board before, but I know all the Radeon cards I have purchased have had a huge sticker over the lip of the anti static bag, that made it obvious that it had been opened. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Nvidia cards have no bag, its a plastic clear shell. So there is no seal.

Worst case scenario, you can RMA it to manufacturer.

Does he live locally? Go see the card in person and if the box was open, have him test it on front of you. Or ask for a sales receipt that guaranties that you are receiving a working card, and in case the card is in none working condition, he will refund your money. Have him ship it with the card with his signature on the receipt.

I have read some posts about a vid card price drop coming on the 14th of this month. I think I should just wait to see what the price drop will be.

If you are concerned about a bad card, Pay the extra and get the card from a reputable dealer like Newegg, Then if you have any problems with the card you can return it to them and they will send you a new card. IMO it usually well worth the piece of mind.
As far as price drops, Who knows, You hear rumors of price drops all the time, Everytime a new line of cards come out or a competitor has a card release upcoming you hear rumors of price drops, Some times they pan out, Many times they don't.

I wish I could get an XFX 8800 on craigslist... instead I have to turn to internet vendors.

Back