• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats your average fps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.:DuD3:.

Registered
i just upgraded from a 7600gt to an 8800gts, the 640mb version. i'm averaging 65fps in quake 4, but if anyone else has this game, can you tell me what you are averaging? it doesn't even have to be quake4, at least the 3dmark06 scores. i'm thinking my processor is bottlenecking my system, but i'd like to see what everyone else is averaging.

.:DuD3:. said:
i just upgraded from a 7600gt to an 8800gts, the 640mb version. i'm averaging 65fps in quake 4, but if anyone else has this game, can you tell me what you are averaging? it doesn't even have to be quake4, at least the 3dmark06 scores. i'm thinking my processor is bottlenecking my system, but i'd like to see what everyone else is averaging.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=1088245

Sorry, no Quake 4. And an AMD at 2.21...yeah...that is holding back your video card...

Yeah, I'm definately going to overclock it before/if I decide upgrade. I was just thinking it can't be the video card that's lagging, its got to be the processor.

Well I was playing at 1280 x 1024 stretched to full screen, but my native resolution is 1680 x 1050, and the next highest resolution is 1600 x 1200 so it won't work on this monitor. So I switched to the non-full screen, and it's a little better. I haven't tested the fps in the strected mode, but in the non-stretched 1280 x 1024 its around 65 or so. It's on ultra quality too.

Should I take off antialaising? Right now it's at 8x, and I noticed it won't even let me go to 16x. Also, in nvidia control panel, I have it set on quality, should I set it to performance?

Here's a pic of my 3dmark06 scores.
3rd3dmark-1.jpg

Sorry for all the questions lol. :D

Uhm, I have Quake 4 and I am pretty sure I can avg at least 60fps (probably more like 75-80) at 1680x1050 with max settings and something like 4xAF & 2xAA on my OC'd 7900GS. I will check it out when I get home tonight and get back to you as it has been a while since I played.

.:DuD3:. said:
Should I take off antialaising? Right now it's at 8x, and I noticed it won't even let me go to 16x. Also, in nvidia control panel, I have it set on quality, should I set it to performance?
I hope you didn't have it set for quality when you ran your benchmark....

Yes, 8x is really high, id say 2 or 4 max for your system.

65FPS average isn't bad. Why be concerned about it? Surely OCing will help out nicely. Really at that res your limiting the GPU by the CPU being slow. Crank it up to your native res and drop AA to 4x and it should be nice.

BTW you can edit your own screen res to make it run at that for the game, search the web theres plenty of info on it.

deathman20 said:
65FPS average isn't bad. Why be concerned about it? Surely OCing will help out nicely. Really at that res your limiting the GPU by the CPU being slow. Crank it up to your native res and drop AA to 4x and it should be nice.

BTW you can edit your own screen res to make it run at that for the game, search the web theres plenty of info on it.

Yes good point. The link below should help you out there. Tweakguides is where I have gotten lots of game tweaking info.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Quake4_1.html

Edit: also make sure you are running the 1.4 patch! it will give you WS res choices in the game menu.

My 8800GTS OC '06 score was around 9554 I believe. I was quite disappointed since I seem to be on the low end of the scores according to what is reported with 3dmark.

But I was made happy again when I went to play some of my games and found that my FPS had more then doubled over when I had the ATi X1900GT card in this rig.

I don't have Quake so I can't say what FPS I get, and I don't think any of my other games are really comparable but just in case...

Lord of the Rings Online: 85-104FPS if vsync is turned off.
World of Warcraft : Over 100FPS if vsync is turned off.

Both with maximum graphics settings turn on or to ultra high.

So to answer the OP, I definately get over 60 FPS w/my 7900GS, however...

I am a little shocked? I am pinned at 60 FPS, WTF? I don't remember being pinned before?

I do not have v-sync enabled in game or in the nVidia control panel, and Q4 is not supposed to be 60FPS limited like Doom 3. Don't mean to thread-jack but does anyone know what's going on?
:confused:

Yeah, it's definately my processor. I did notice the video card fan was only at 50%. With it at 100%, and a little higher clock on the video card, I was able to get the 3dmark06 score up to 7679. But, even that's still unacceptable in my books lol. Looks like the next step is to overclock the cpu.

Oh, and thanks for the tweak guides. I've gotten a lot of little bugs worked out. :)

Well, i just played FSX at my max resolution, which is 1680x1050 ( i use this for like every game) with everything on ultra high....i thought my 7900GTO (693/729) would run it oke...

It ran on 25 fps....while in the air...dropped to 15 when i flew over the island...
i need an 8800gts!!!

my 3d mark score is about 12500...can´t renember the exact score...
but only at 1024*768 because i only have a crappy monitor at home at the moment.....it is oc´ed as well

Back