• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6320 running at 1.4ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supadodger

Registered
i got my asus p5gc-mx today and the 6320 is running 1.39ghz or 1.4 ghz randomly it seems on a reboot.

i disabled all the speedstep ****s.

anyone got any other ideas?

i can change my multiplier from to 6 or 7 also. but cant change fsb or raise multiplier above 7.

The E6320 has a default multiplier of 7X which cannot be raised because it's upwards locked. You can lower to 6X if you want, but I don't know why you would. Is CPU-Z showing 1.4 gig? It's probably speed step. There is an EIST setting you have to disable too. Is this with Vista? If so, you need to disable the power saving settings in Windows.

update the bios... my ab9-pro would report the incorrect speed of the E4300 when it came out. abit took a bit to get a bios that properly reports the stock speed when booting up. if speed step was being defualted the lowerest cpu speed would be 1.6ghz not 1.4ghz. since speedstep wont change the fsb just the multi so 6*266.66=1.6ghz.

the other thought i just had is that the motherboard doesnt support 266 offically. in that case the cpu fsb is defualted to 200mhz making it 1.4ghz,7x200mhz. some motherboards state they support 1066 or 266 thru overclocking in which case you need to use a addin video card to oc the motherboard to 266mhz for the defualt speed of he cpu.

ive disabled all them things and am not using onboard video.
there is no way as far as i can find to even try to adjust any fsb settings.

ive also updated the bios to the latest.

Last edited:
yeah, i didnt realize it until now. but i kept looking at ASUS P5VD2-MX when i was writing down my items and then when i purchased it i ended up with a p5gc-mx.

i didnt catch it either until you mentioned it and i went back to newegg to prove to myself that it said 1066 on newegg.

how is newegg about returns? will they let me swap it for the one i need?
is it possible to just get my money back and buy one locally so i dont have to wait the 4 days shipping?
do they cross ship?

i asked them all these questions but i dont know how long until they answer.

i figure someone has dealt with them enough so that i wont have to stress about this all night.

i'm not sure about newegg's policy on returns.... but a little off topic... back when seattle had a huge wind storm i ordered a pc for my my with e6300 and 2 gigs of ram... and they sent me 2... so go newegg.. i love you and my 2 new pc's.... lol ... but yea i think newegg might make you pay for return shipping but i thought that i read somehwere that they ahve a no return policy unless it's like completely ruined.

if that was the case i would hate to make a local store pay for it by buying something similiar and returing this one.

inkfx said:
Disable C1E too. (in BIOS)

qft, I didn't realize this until after my first night of my new computer and then noticed it was running at only 1.6ghz even though I had it set to 2.2 at the time in the bios.

Back