• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I get "overclocking failed" at startup, sometimes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBH

Hi

I have a question... not so much a problem: Some random times, I get the error "Overclocking failed" at startup.

The thing is my system is orthos stable (tested for about 15 hours) at 2200MHz. When i restart my computer (from windows, using shut down -> restart), sometimes it shuts down and when I power it on again I get that error.

My setup is amd sempron 3000+ @ 2200MHz on a Asus M2N-MX, 2x1G Geil Ultra PC5300. I think it's a mobo software error, not an overclocking failed real issue. Haven't tried a bios update (maybe it would help).

I also sometimes got the same random error when my fsb was at 249 (1994MHz on cpu).

Attachments

• 2200_idle.jpg
    2200_idle.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 704
The voltages cannot be turned up on the M2N-MX.

I don't know about the 3000+ but the 3400+ can get from 1800mhz to 2700mhz on stock volts. Are you able to set your memory lower as that may be whats stopping you?

ok the first question i have is, what are you using to overclock? Software or the BIOS??

If its software, then the message means it has failed to apply your settings during windows start. If its BIOS then its a stupid message from a stupid program that should be uninstalled post haste!

Persnally, i wouldn't use software to overclock.

Back