• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free replacement program for Swiftech Apogee mounting system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think warping the motherboard by overtorquing the fasteners was the concern. All it is is a new back plate ala socket 939 etc and some plastic spacers

This is old news, this program started late June. The backplate is useful for people who bow their Apogee blocks.

noob questions

ok i ordered an Apogee GT but if it comes without a backplate, can i use the backplate from air cooler?!? what are the spacers for...

ancalime said:
This is old news, this program started late June. The backplate is useful for people who bow their Apogee blocks.

Somehow I don't think Swiftech is giving away free back plates to everyone just for a few guys to bow their block. :bang head I'm thinking there's been some problems with mobos damaged, either in their testing or in the wild...though I haven't heard of any problems. I don't really feel like discovering my mobo is damaged sometime down the road.

I think backplates come with new apogee gt now, anyways mine did. Also in the begining when when swiftech released apogee gt the fat o-ring was not part of a package. Anyone that bought that apogee without ring later could get it from swiftech.

Old mounting hardware was fine aswell, users have higher chance of damaging board with dtek block than apogee.

orion456 said:
Somehow I don't think Swiftech is giving away free back plates to everyone just for a few guys to bow their block. :bang head I'm thinking there's been some problems with mobos damaged, either in their testing or in the wild...though I haven't heard of any problems. I don't really feel like discovering my mobo is damaged sometime down the road.
I don't know about that. Swiftech provided the fatter O-rings exclusively to aid bowers didn't they?

ancalime said:
I don't know about that. Swiftech provided the fatter O-rings exclusively to aid bowers didn't they?
Yes, but they didn't ship them out to everyone who had bought the block before.

Back