• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wats ur oc technique, incremental raising or lowering?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jellysandwich

raising - start with something you know it can do, and incrementally raise it until it becomes unstable
lowering - start with something high, and lower it until it becomes stable

just wondering

mista ting said:
i don't have any patience i just push it untill it cant boot then keep decrease by 5mhz untill prime stable^__^

That probably takes longer than increasing by 50 mhz at a time, then backing off slowly once it becomes stable again.

Boost the FSB up to what you have seen many other overclockers run at. If you can run at this speed, then go to the next step, if not then back it down till it runs then go to next step.

Boost the FSB slowly till you hit a wall, then boost the voltages till you can move forward to a new wall, then boost the voltages again and repeat.

I go high and work my way down . Most of the time i have an idea of what the cpu should run @ minimun and start there . with system in sig I started @ 400 and went up from there

Go from low to high @ 5mhz fsb increments. Takes a while but usually I could get it right to the edge of stability at the first go.

Back