• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam distributing iD games (Doom3 = $19.95)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh wow! Commander Keen HELL YES that game was beast! Then you have ultimate doom, quake arena, and all sorts of other good stuff. Sounds awsome!

Rattle said:
i wanna play doom3 again, this is pretty cool. is there anyone playing doom3 Dm anymore?
I haven't been, but I could always reinstall. :)

Looking at the quake collection pack it doesn't seem to come with Q4, i would totally buy it if it did though. Damn I need to re-visit some of those games, Hexen was great back in the day :)

Steam...meh. I really wish id had spent the time developing their own digital distribution if they were so set on the idea.

Why develop it when it's already available? Personally I love steam and the idea of it :p

Herr Rogers said:
I wish every game came through steam...

I'm telling you. Steam is going to be HUGE. They have a special niche right now and will probably become incredibly rich whoever owns steam.

Goateh said:
Looking at the quake collection pack it doesn't seem to come with Q4, i would totally buy it if it did though. Damn I need to re-visit some of those games, Hexen was great back in the day :)

I wish it did come with Quake 4..I bought Quake 4 back in my Linux days on my old build in Dec 06 and somereason the Quake 4 cd 1 fails during english pack or w/e tried it on different CD rom drives..tried MagicISO everything. I still have the cdkey yall think when Steams allows Quake 4 DL and I could use the orginal CD key?

I think that when you buy it through steam it issues a new cd key/gives you authentication

I'm sorely tempted to buy the ultimate pack....

Keen! Every Quake and Doom! What more can a nerd want?

Hold on.....

Does this mean oldies like HEXEN, HERETIC, HEXEN 2 can be played multiplayer on steam? Or no?

I'd like to go back in time when my dad, brothers and I use to pull allnighters on these classics.

I bought the doom3 pack with ROE for $27

anyone know how to make a custom res? I tried changing the cinfig files to 1680x1050 but it doesnt take lol

Mathersalan said:
I wish it did come with Quake 4..I bought Quake 4 back in my Linux days on my old build in Dec 06 and somereason the Quake 4 cd 1 fails during english pack or w/e tried it on different CD rom drives..tried MagicISO everything. I still have the cdkey yall think when Steams allows Quake 4 DL and I could use the orginal CD key?

As of right now, you can't use your current key to activate the game over steam and then download it.

What I had to do because I experienced this same issue was to actually download the pirated DVD ISO and then use my CD key that I bought with the installation because my CD based installation was crap too. Something wrong with Disc1 when they distributed it.

Back