• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW60 design and 8800gtx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesgig

Disabled
I am cooling a 8800gtx with a mcw60. The block has a smaller square that sticks out to cool the gpu, but the 8800gtx gpu is the size of the whole base of the block. Do I need to lap the smaller square off, or will it be alright how it is?

I do not know what the temps are as I cannot find any software that wants to cooperate with vista 64. I have tried ntune and rivatuner, but both cause an error message saying that the application has stopped. Any others that work?

Thanks

I can only answer your first question, the size of the GPU on the 8800 is not the size of the heatspreader, so the MCW60 size is just fine.

I am cooling a 8800gtx with a mcw60. The block has a smaller square that sticks out to cool the gpu, but the 8800gtx gpu is the size of the whole base of the block. Do I need to lap the smaller square off, or will it be alright how it is?

I do not know what the temps are as I cannot find any software that wants to cooperate with vista 64. I have tried ntune and rivatuner, but both cause an error message saying that the application has stopped. Any others that work?

Thanks

Everest ultmate editon will work with Vista64 as well as the 64bit NTune vesion

If you hit F8 before windows boots you can tell it to boot without requiring driver signing, then riva tuner will work.
Dan

Back