• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love my new Radiator!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Well guys, I just built the system in my rig. Took me about 5 hours to cut up the case (its the old, thick steel, full tower, plain beige kind). I picked the case cause it was on sale locally for $50 and I need a big enough case to hold my Thermochill PA 120.2 with its 4 Panaflows and my old Lian LI PC65 just wasn't up to the task :( I miss that case... had it since mid 2004... Time to upgrade though! Anywho.... I'm running Orthos on my rig right now (I'm on my second rig!) at 3.6Ghz, 1.42v vcore. Temps are like this with the fans at medium speed :eek: Man this thing can cool! It IDLES at 28C!!

4vsq8fn.jpg

nah... don't need the 8800 under water. The way I see it is like this: 50-75more MHz on the RAM and and core are like what... 3 fps in real life?? whereas 800Mhz - 1.4Ghz on the CPU means more details, less slow downs during intense gameplay, and a more peepier system... Plus the 8800's are hot enough and mine at 600/100 gets to only about 66C under load, whihc is very acceptable for these heat mongers. I should note that I ran Orthos last night at 3.8Ghz and temps only hit 52C full tilt :D

Back