• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

repairing headphone plug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

My Bose headphones have been through a lot, they are held together with fiberglass resin and cloth, if that gives you an idea.

Today, the dog got ahold of them...the plug is all that was harmed, thankfully. It was ripped off and now it has no plug. I tried cutting up some cheap sony headphones and connecting the wires that match by twisting them together, but that didnt work out.

Right now, there are 2 wires in each line; one copper wire with some type of string inside it; and a red wound around some of the same string. The other is the same, but it has a green instead of a red. I think the left is green and right is red

How do I make them work again???

any suggestions are appreciated.

they probably have an enamel coating that needs to be burned off. It'd be best to replace the entire cable... but since they aren't in good shape and they suck anyway just get some better cans

np. it works even better if you have a solder pot ;) but they start at like $80 lol. I've got one sitting next to my Hakko 936 solder station

Back