• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been out of the loop for a while

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

What drivers do I need to install on a fresh copy of XP Pro for my X2 3800+? I am just wondering if the MS Dual Core Hotfix is still needed and if I need to install the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer. Any help is appreciated.

You don't "have" to install it, but you will notice improved performance/framerates in some games if you do, so they say.

Well I installed the AMD X2 Driver, along with the hotfix and the dual core optimizer but the optimizer causes my systen to randomly freeze like it did on my last install?

Well I installed the AMD X2 Driver, along with the hotfix and the dual core optimizer but the optimizer causes my systen to randomly freeze like it did on my last install?

I don't think you need to use the hotfix and the optimizer. Either one should be fine. I stick with the optimizer myself.

Back