• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build or wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad2112

Registered
im putting together a new computer

gigabyte p35 ds3r mobo
intel e6750 cpu
thermalright ultra 120 extreme heatsink + scythe 1600 rpm fan
2*1gb crucial ballistix ddr 800 cas 4 memory
evga 8800 gts 320mb gpu
samsung sh-s203b sata dvd burner
western digital 320gb sata hard drive
corsair 520hx psu
antec 900 case

this are the parts i have decided on, but i wont be able to buy anything for about a week. however, i know intel has a new chipset and new processor in the works. should i wait?

The X38 chipset is supposedly due out on the 9th so we wont see anything for a couple of weeks after that i would go with a p35 chipset board it will run the next cpu that Intel will be releasing.

Also keep in mind that the X38's will be pretty expensive as well. As Vento said P35's will be able to run Penryn, so I really don't see the need for X38 for most people, other than better Crossfire performance and possible use of SLI(has this been confirmed yet?). Looking at you current motherboard choice that isnt important to you, me either.

that setup looks great and i would stick with it, also in a week if your buying from newegg ive got a feeling a few of those things might go on sale.

im putting together a new computer

gigabyte p35 ds3r mobo
intel e6750 cpu
thermalright ultra 120 extreme heatsink + scythe 1600 rpm fan
2*1gb crucial ballistix ddr 800 cas 4 memory
evga 8800 gts 320mb gpu
samsung sh-s203b sata dvd burner
western digital 320gb sata hard drive
corsair 520hx psu
antec 900 case

this are the parts i have decided on, but i wont be able to buy anything for about a week. however, i know intel has a new chipset and new processor in the works. should i wait?

just ordered my new rig. in the end, i decided to go with the ultima 90 and a high output panaflo 92mm fan. im pretty excited. :bday: since this is going to be my first oc, what are some of the voltage/temp limits i should look out for?

Back