• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Color 1950Pro or XFX 7900GS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

malvindo

which one better?
since mine was AGP
i only can find this 2 gfx suitable for my upgrade from Gainward 6800GT Golden Sample :)

seem Power Color ahead with it's Accelero, but bit doubt with PC material quality since never owned Power Color card since TNT2 Pro :eek:

any advice will appreciate ;)

thx in advance

I just got the Powercolor myself, with no issues to report, havent clocked it much though...runs 39 idle 50c load right now...seems cool compared to some temps I have seen...

I urge you to avoid the X1950 pro like the plague. I have one and it constantly overheats (Not overclocked at all) The problem is not contact with the heatsink, it's that it is an inadequate heatsink. If you try and touch the card after use, it will literally burn you.

The card constantly beeps at me, alerting me that it is too hot (once again, factory settings). According to ATI CCC, the temps reach 110 C.

At this point, I am just waiting for the card to hurry up and fry so I have an excuse to buy something else.

I urge you to avoid the X1950 pro like the plague. I have one and it constantly overheats (Not overclocked at all) The problem is not contact with the heatsink, it's that it is an inadequate heatsink. If you try and touch the card after use, it will literally burn you.

The card constantly beeps at me, alerting me that it is too hot (once again, factory settings). According to ATI CCC, the temps reach 110 C.

At this point, I am just waiting for the card to hurry up and fry so I have an excuse to buy something else.

I take it you don't have the Accelero from silencer on yours?

I just got the Powercolor myself, with no issues to report, havent clocked it much though...runs 39 idle 50c load right now...seems cool compared to some temps I have seen...

urs with Accelero X2?
manualy set the fan speed to 100% or not?

what is ur brand ?
bad contact? can u re seat the HSF?

Powercolor x1950pro is great I dont have the Agp version but the powercolor x1950pro is a great card and the Accellero 2 works perfect. I had the ATI x1900xtx and would get 9400 3d 05mark points with the system overclocked with the X1950pro I was able to get 9950 with just system ram overclocked. X1950 is Great. I had the same system in sig

Last edited:
Back