• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P180 is it quiet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patrickabc

Registered
How quiet is it?
does it make any sound at all?

I know that the aurora is totally silent... Is the P180 as well?

Mine is very quiet, but be warned - the only exposed surface is the back, so your PSU becomes much more audible than it would normally be. This is accentuated by the fact that all the other components are quiet in this case. So if you are after low noise, get a very quiet PSU.

The fans seem to have a very tiny buzz on low speed, so I replaced mine with Vantec stealth fans.

go look at www.silentpcreview.com for tips and articles on quiet hardware...

EDIT: this is a very good case to modify to be silent. I would close off the top blow hole and line the interior with sound deadening material....

Last edited:
Antec fans on low are really very quite- the loudest thing in my antec nine hundred is my AC Freezer 7 pro and that is one quite heat sink. PLus the air really does move on low setting (30degrees load temps for me!). It might not be totally silent but I get more fan noise through all the wide mesh that I have on the 900. Plus the 180 beats the aurora on looks, any day.

Antec fans on low are really very quite- the loudest thing in my antec nine hundred is my AC Freezer 7 pro and that is one quite heat sink. PLus the air really does move on low setting (30degrees load temps for me!). It might not be totally silent but I get more fan noise through all the wide mesh that I have on the 900. Plus the 180 beats the aurora on looks, any day.

True, but the Antec fans have a loud buzz at the higher settings.

I thought the TriCools were quiet on low, until I replaced them with Yate Loons, at full speed (1350 RPM) they are noticably quieter.

I had my fans on low for a while in my P180B and it was inaudible but now I have my fans on high because the noise doesn't bother me and it's still silent compared to having two screaming tornado's and a volcano hsf that I used to have in one of my old cases lol.

I had my fans on low for a while in my P180B and it was inaudible but now I have my fans on high because the noise doesn't bother me and it's still silent compared to having two screaming tornado's and a volcano hsf that I used to have in one of my old cases lol.

Haha, same here, I also went from a cheap case with a tornado to the P180B... It is so much better on my ears

Haha, yeah after I bought my P180B I put them in my alternate computer for a little while that I kept at work, and everybody got made at me cause they had to yell to hear each other over them haha.

Back