• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple of Simple Xbox Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firejunior88

1. What is the minimum internet speed to use on Xbox live that still works (without lag)?
2. Is there any way to connect an xbox to a cpu monitor to use that as the screen?

Thanks.

Satellite will probably lag regardless of download speed...your ping will be very high because the signal needs to be sent from your comp, to your dish, to the satilite, to the server and back. This is the problem with using satellite internet for gaming :(

Satellite will probably lag regardless of download speed...your ping will be very high because the signal needs to be sent from your comp, to your dish, to the satilite, to the server and back. This is the problem with using satellite internet for gaming :(

Is it a "not worth it" lag, or is it possible?

This whole thing just makes me mad because I live in the middle of nowhere and satellite is the only high speed I can get. It blows.

you have 54Mbps internet? are sure that's not just the connection to the router? i connect to my router at 100Mbps but i only have 864Kbps internet service so that's my bottle neck. they just started offering fiber optic internet where i live and it maxes out at 30Mbps up 5Mbps down (for $179.95 a month!!!!).

Back