• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR2 and DDR2 term voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aras420

Registered
I'm running pc probe 2
and my dram voltage is set at 2.1v
I'm getting DDR2 voltage readings of 2.19v
and DDR2 term voltage reading of 1.09v

Are these too high?

and my cpu temp is constantly between 56c and 58c idle hits 65-68c in full load is this to hi?

I'm using ai booster from asus to set voltages instead of restarting and hitting the bios all day set at 105% for a clock speed of 3.15 GHz

System specs:

Vista 64 ultimate
Asus crosshair
AMD athlon 64 x2 6000+
4 gigs ddr2 800 ocz platinum matched set 2 x 2 gig sticks
2 x XFX 8800 gts 340 meg SLI
Driver: 169.71 release and all hotfixes
2 x 500 gig 7200rpm sata WD drives raid 0 - storage/games
1 x 160 gig 7200rpm IDE WD - operating system
single rail 550w psu not sure of brand, I have an 850w silverstone single rail comming tomorrow lol, 12v reading drops to almost 10v while gaming but it doesn't shut down! about 11.25v idle lol.

Last edited:
Memory voltages are fine i dont know much about AMD chips but that temp looks a little high to me.

One more thing :welcome:to the forums.

Thanks man, I'm new to overclocking and these temps seem higher than my last comp but this is an AMD dual core and I've heard they run hot. I'm only ocing 5% So I'm not sure... Anyone else have any advice on the heat issue, are these dangerous temps for my cpu??? I have plenty of fans and a HUGE heat sink ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra my system is king of loud... but I use headphones a lot so I don't wake the girl and a fan controller for idle times. Maybe the 550w power supply is giving off a ton of heat because it's under such a high load? My 850 watt comes in tomorrow maybe that will lower case temp... I don't have and ambient thermo set up for case temp. I was waiting to hook one up until I get the new psu in and rebuild.

For a 6000 thats to high I think. I believe on the amd site it says max temp is 65C. I also have a 6000 with a thermaltake big typhoon, my load temps are around 45-50 with cpu voltage at 1.52.

I keep my side panel open, helps circulate the heat inside the system, worst comes to worst, keep yours open to. Reason I keep it open is cuz when Im doing normal stuff besides gaming I keep the fan on low, but when Im gaming I put it to 100%, & the nozzle to change fan speeds is on the fan itself.
Other than that, the HSF is great.

Use Coretemp to monitor your temps, PC Probe sucks I think.

Welcome to the forums as well.

Back