• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone got any tips on overclocking a 1ghz athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bullit

I want to squeeze more performance from my 1ghz athlon,
Ihave a m7vkd motherboard

Welcome to the forums!
What is the code on your cpu? I have an AXIA 1ghz that has been a dandy overclocker. I am not familiar with your mobo can you change fsb and multiplier as well as vcore? What method are you going to use to unlock the cpu? Answer these questions for me and I may be able to give you a hand.
Randy

I have a 1 gig Athon, and I have been around the forum for awhile, Post you specs, and I am sure we can help you. :)

need specs

Welcome to the forums!

Need your specs to help you out...

I unlocked my athlon t-bird 1000 using windshield defogger and turned up the FSB a little. Check out the guides and CPU database on the front page for a lot of usefull information.

General help: You'll need some benchmarking progams and decent cooling for a successful overclock. I recommend SiSfot Sandra and Motherboard Monitor 5 to help you get started. You'll need to look in your bios to see if you can change the front side bus, vcore, & cpu clock multiplyer. I recommend you start by figuring out what hardware you've got, reading the guides here, and browsing through the posts for a while to get a good understanding of overclocking techniques and dangers.

Keep posting with your questions and ppl here will help you out a lot!

Hi.

I've got a one gig axia y based core and it's a lovely overclocker. Running at 1400 with just a touch of voltage.

I connected the L1s with defogger repair kit.

First of all, Welcome to the forums.

Although that motherboard has the KT133A chipset, it doesn't appear that it supports much in the way in overclocking features, no Vcore adjustments, no IO voltage adjustment, not much room around the socket for a large heat sink etc.

You may still want to give it a try, you might have limited success.

Here's a link to a review of that board, give it a read;

http://www.hwextreme.com/reviews/motherboard/m7vkd/

It also sounds like you would benefit from some time spent in the "Beginners Guides" located on the front page of this site.

Good Luck!

Back