• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mario Kart Wii looks like . . . Well, Mario Kart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
http://www.destructoid.com/mario-kart-wii-in-action-you-can-do-tony-hawk-like-flips-now-48501.phtml

Mario Kart don't change much, does it? Sure, they've gone from 2D Mode 7 to full 3D, added different characters and tracks, and even added two racers per kart (and I think I'm just about the only person in the entire world that actually liked DD over MK64), but when you cut right down to the brass tacks, it's still the same game we've been playing since 1992.

'least in this version they've apparently added tricks, and also motorcycles.

I'll try it. Of course I'll try it. And y'know what? I'll probably even like it.

to be honest after seeing whats in the Wii's near future of releases I'm not excited by much. Atleast before we always had Metroid to look forward to. Other than Smash bro's which is another rehash Nintendo is giving us, wii fitness, wii music, mario baseball, mario kart....I can hardly contain myself.

Mario Kart was one of the most amazing games iv ever seen for the snes.. it took the graphics to the limit I suppose for those times.

Looks just like Double Dash to me.

(I also think DD is more fun then 64)

I'm sure time will tell. Nintendo has always been good at taking a classic series, changing it just a little bit to keep it fresh, and re-releasing it on the public. I'm sure it will be another solid entry in the series, but it's still Mario Kart, y'know?

Some customization would be nice. Online play would be better ala MKDS. Time will tell.

to be honest after seeing whats in the Wii's near future of releases I'm not excited by much. Atleast before we always had Metroid to look forward to. Other than Smash bro's which is another rehash Nintendo is giving us, wii fitness, wii music, mario baseball, mario kart....I can hardly contain myself.

What franchise isnt just a rehash these days.. look at most big upcoming titles. Grand Theft auto series? Halo series? Metal Gear series? Most of them are just more of the same with better graphics/sound and a few new weapons, lvls, toys, cars, ect.

Not that rehashing is always a bad thing, those series I listed above are all great AAA titles and provide a lot of great gameplay. But my question to people is, what racing game has really shook the foundation of the racing game genre in the last 10 years?

That was a discrepancy that was printed in ONM 21. It was later corrected: http://kotaku.com/gaming/mario-kart/mario-kart-may-not-feature-16+player-online-after-all-297292.php

However, I can't imagine that Nintendo would actually shaft Wii owners that badly, after the success of MKDS and all. time will tell.

Somehow (as the "official spokesperson for haterade: Master of suck") I have no problem imagining Nintendo shafting Wii owners. That's all they've done since the Wii came out. I keep telling everyone that those DS lite games were an anomoly created by some radical kamikaze sect within nintendo.

No... they'll screw you guys every chance they get because they know you'll take it... and like it. :)

I don't mind the codes at all really, just takes a little bit more time. Sure I would prefer it another way but its not a big deal at all. I definitely would not call it "shafting Wii owners." Rainless, just out of curiosity, how many angry letters do you send to Nintendo each day? :)

Back