• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mario Kart for the Wii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This game is utter &***. They just spooged a bunch of super weapons into the game so the useless players would always be able to catch up. Dur let's do 3 blue shells each race and add forty five other noobish ways to take out the leader.

Thanks a lot Nintendo for appealing to ****ing 12 year olds instead of the people who have bought every title in the Kart franchise.

This game is utter &***. They just spooged a bunch of super weapons into the game so the useless players would always be able to catch up. Dur let's do 3 blue shells each race and add forty five other noobish ways to take out the leader.

Thanks a lot Nintendo for appealing to ****ing 12 year olds instead of the people who have bought every title in the Kart franchise.

hahahaha i feel the same way :p

ok this is what i dont get on mario kart, when u go and play online why the hell do other ppl go faster than u if u have the same kart? that doesnt make sense to me. does a higher score makes u go farter or something? how about when a player has a star or 2 stars by their name instead of the regular wheel? are they special or something? they seem to go faster than anybody else too wtf?

Alright I've been playing this a lot more, I got my golden wheel and one star in all the 100cc cups! The single player is agonizing because the AI does everything but cheats to catch up, but you need to beat some of it to unlock your Mii and other characters.

Multiplayer is a lot better, being good at a map at least gives you a good chance of winning. The trick is to get a wide lead and have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th duke it out. Otherwise it seems completely random, I've come back from last to first place.

Whoever on the forum plays with the Jesus Mii, I was racing you the other night and was way back in 8th place on Delfino Square then I got a star and snuck by to 2nd. On the last corner a blue shell flew past me and blew up Jesus about 2 feet from the finish line, letting Chewbacca skid home ftw!

i've had the golden wheel for a while but how do u earn a star above ur golden wheel or just a star instead of ur golden wheel? anybody know?

What does everyone think of battle?

I'm seriously disappointed with it, its two forced teams and everyone has unlimited lives, I just dont get why they'd limit the options so much.

I just picked it up today. I haven't tried the wheel yet, but w/ the Wiimote and Nunchuk it controls very nicely. It's pretty to look at, with some golden oldie tracks showing up, which is a nice addition. Hell, they've made enough of the Mario Kart games, I'm pretty sure they could just take track names and pull them out of a fedora for inclusion in the game and still have a bucketload left over.

There is lots of bloom in this game! Holy Lord there is lots of bloom! And lens flares! The graphical updates to the older tracks are welcome, too.

I'll pro'lly try online a little later tonight, and I'll be putting my MK:Wii friend code in the Individual Wii Friend Code Thread, so maybe some of us can race together!

Back