• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mario Kart for the Wii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So why release Wii Fit and mario kart at the same time?

It makes sense, until you look at it and wonder, what was the wii game this christmas?

Or the more important
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games
"This list currently contains 561 titles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by_Nintendo#Wii
That list contains about 35 titles.

Just because Agatha Cristy and The Littlest Pet Shop passed us by, doesnt mean they dont exist, there are 22 third party developers who's company name begins with a number of 'A'

There are in fact more Wii games than 360 games

Hahahaha... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ALL THE THIRD PARTY GAMES SUCK.

Have you heard? GTA IV is right on track to becoming the fastest-selling game of all time... PS3 has it... 360 has it... and Nintendo doesn't have anything that comes CLOSE.

Nobody cares about the littlest pet shop... Nintendo doesn't really even care. They know what people who bought their Nintendo system are going to want to play: The first party titles. The rest is just filler for the kids.

As for Wii Fit... they would've released that a long time ago but there were issues with importing the hardware.

Finally got it. Fred Meyers had a $10 off $50 dollars and I used my friends employee discount to buy the game and a extra wheel. Got it all for $47 with tax. :drool:

It is awesome. Only complaint is that you can only play 2 players online from each console. :screwy:

The wii wheel is kinda hard to get use to, but once you get the hang of it you can really cruise.

Ive played a little, but my brothers play too damn much. I think they unlocked everything in the matter of a few days.

Hey anyone know how to get the power boost off the start?

I can't figure it out to save my life.:bang head

Edit - Ok I figured it out. Need to power brake it. Brake and gas at the same time. Then let go.

Last edited:
I wasnt too bothered with the 2 player internet thing, figured it was a bandwidth issue, but since I only play online with my GF anyway, dont mind.
That we cant both earn points is annoying though, as is the sheer number of people who think its fun to vote for rainbow road every time.

I wasnt too bothered with the 2 player internet thing, figured it was a bandwidth issue, but since I only play online with my GF anyway, dont mind.
That we cant both earn points is annoying though, as is the sheer number of people who think its fun to vote for rainbow road every time.

Rainbow Road, ahahaha, thats where I got my 1st online win when 3/4 of the other drivers dropped out when it came up.

Check the sticky for member friend codes!

I just ordered my copy from Amazon...I heard they added too many items and now it's more like Mario Party than the old Karts, is that true?

I don't mind all the items. I only hate the damn flying blue turtle. That thing can hit you several times in the last lap.:bang head

man i cant find this game anywhere in town! I went to Best buy walmart and target and they were all sold out....Maybe its a sign.:screwy:

Anyhow, i at least got to play it with my buddy who owns it and it was a blast! The only thing I didnt like was the battle mode when we had 4 players at once. The screen was a decent size, but I still had a hard time knowing where all the action was. Im still planning on buying it, but Ill have to keep an eye out for it.

I think there are fewer items than in double dash, because there arent any charector specifics, as of yet anyway.

why do ppl always vote for either coconut mall, dk summit or mario race way? everytime i play online there is like 2 or 3 ppl voting for the same maps it gets annoying really. game is fun though but i hate when u are 3/4 of way way done on the 3rd lap thinking YEAH im gona win 1st place but then u hear that stupid blue shell coming and u say F*****k!

why do ppl always vote for either coconut mall, dk summit or mario race way? everytime i play online there is like 2 or 3 ppl voting for the same maps it gets annoying really. game is fun though but i hate when u are 3/4 of way way done on the 3rd lap thinking YEAH im gona win 1st place but then u hear that stupid blue shell coming and u say F*****k!

No Kidding, wish there was a way to set it like you can in Brawl, you can set it so certain items don't show up. Or there was a way, so courses were randomly chosen. I've raced the same course 3 times in a row before.

I was playing today, and noticed that all the shortcuts in the N64 maps are gone! Here I thought I was going to be in first, but came in 7th because I ran into a wall where my shortcut used to be...

I was playing today, and noticed that all the shortcuts in the N64 maps are gone! Here I thought I was going to be in first, but came in 7th because I ran into a wall where my shortcut used to be...

'cause it wasn't a shortcut, it was an exploit. A bug in the original map that was fixed.

Did you guys catch Yahtzee today? At the very end he says 'Just so we're clear, I am never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever going to review Mario Kart Wii'.

Guess he had too much of the hot sauce known as 'scorned fanboy' after his Smash Bros. Brawl review ;)

A tunnel thats obviously placed there isnt an exploit. And no, I didnt see yahtzee, is there a link to a video on the internet?

There are some weapons options for offline play, not sure of they exist for online, probably dont, which is a shame, some sort of server/lobby/chat system would be cool and sort that easily.

Getting blue bombed at the end is half the fun of mario kart

cant seem to unlock yoshi's motorcycle or i should say i cant figure it out. has anyone done it yet?

EDIT* never mind i got it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back