• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help !Computer not powering up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neuen

My computer, which the mobo, cpu, and ram is about 2 years old, decided when i got back from a trip to stop turning on. I did all the standard, how stupid am i tests, making sure all the plugs were good and nothing silly messed it up. After about half an hour i concluded there was nothing in that department.

Now at this time i dont have a psu to check it with but i should have one very soon, but from browsing forums it seems like a motherboard problem given that fact it doesnt even attempt to boot.

When i turn on the psu the standby light turns on just like it should, but when i hit the power button on the case or the power button on the motherboard..i get nothing.

What ive tried: :bang head
check jumpers, cables, ram, and other motherboard connectables to insure they were connected correctly
swapped my ram around to make sure it wasnt stopping the computer from booting
removed all but the basics: vga,1 stick ram, and the cpu to see if the psu couldnt handle it but nothing

My specs are in my sig

As of right now im assuming i need to replace this rather old motherboad since it is very outdated and was in need of replacing but i was not planning on doing it yet. So before i buy anything i wanted to run my thoughts past the greatest board :beer:
Thanks for your help!
Any questions just ask :)

Hmm, have you checked the psu? Remove the ATX and all power cables from the board. Use a small piece of wire or paper clip, insert it in the ATX's green & black pins and see if the psu will power on directly.

How to linky

if the psu powers on, then it's a sure thing the mobo could be dead.

Back