• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA step up program?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simba1621

Hi all! I recently ordered the eVGA 8800GT Superclock and was curious about the eVGA step up program. What's the deal with this? Can I oc my card without voiding the opportunity to step up to a better card? And how does eVGA judge the value of a card?

thanks, swim

I believe they judge the value of the card, by how much you purchased it for. So keep your reciept.

I just paid almost $300 for a 8800GT 512, I figure if the next round of cards are really nice I may just use the step up program to get a better card and will get full value for my overprice GT lol.

Can anyone confirm that eVGA credits the purchase price rather than MSRP etc. towards the step-up card? I'm debating picking up an overpriced eVGA 8800gt then stepping up to a G92 GTS when they come out for ~free.

Can anyone confirm that eVGA credits the purchase price rather than MSRP etc. towards the step-up card? I'm debating picking up an overpriced eVGA 8800gt then stepping up to a G92 GTS when they come out for ~free.

It's how much you paid for the CARD new, does NOT include taxes or shipping.

There was a thread where someone bought a GTX for like $600 and stepped up to an Ultra for free because he paid more than the MSRP.

Back