• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg phenom 9500 $199!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Borat_Two_thumbs_up_yours.jpg

199 is DAMN good. I am seriously considering grabbing one even though the BE's are right around the corner.If NCIX matches Neweggs new pricing I am in NOW.

Well can we try to add a theme...

This drop puts AMDs chips and a very good price performance for a Quad core system, 200 USD for a quad core is almost unthinkable even if it is not as fast as intels counterpart. Most consumers wont ever notice anyway. With the Spider system this will make for a very affordable gaming rig.

I am sure at this point AMD is not making much if any money off of these chips but it may be enough to kick some people into hitting the "buy" button. Once people see these CPUs are not the worst mankind has ever seen then AMD may be able to gain some more foothold for the time being.

Man this is tempting, I just wish that I knew I could hit 3.0ghz on this AM2 setup I'd do this in A heartbeat

Well can we try to add a theme...

This drop puts AMDs chips and a very good price performance for a Quad core system, 200 USD for a quad core is almost unthinkable even if it is not as fast as intels counterpart. Most consumers wont ever notice anyway. With the Spider system this will make for a very affordable gaming rig.

I am sure at this point AMD is not making much if any money off of these chips but it may be enough to kick some people into hitting the "buy" button. Once people see these CPUs are not the worst mankind has ever seen then AMD may be able to gain some more foothold for the time being.

very true... problem is i dont think amd is makin tons of money with these things priced like they are... pluss its probably the only way they would sell any would be to lower price.

The show stopper here is EVGA has not yet released a BIOS update for my AM2 board.

Back