• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back to the Red team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

Well, after waiting more than two months for my pre-ordered 8800GT to be in stock, I've finally thrown the towel and ordered a Sapphire 3870 which was in stock for even less $$.

From the reviews I've read, the 3870 is only a bit slower on most sensible resolutions. The only issues that have got worried are FSAA and DX10 performance, which didn't seem to be too promising at all, hope those don't turn out to be their achilles heel on whatever games come in the future.

Should be a lot of fun to OC, and I'll probably get a 2nd one once I get a Penryn rig around March or so.

dan

Well, after waiting more than two months for my pre-ordered 8800GT to be in stock, I've finally thrown the towel and ordered a Sapphire 3870 which was in stock for even less $$.

From the reviews I've read, the 3870 is only a bit slower on most sensible resolutions. The only issues that have got worried are FSAA and DX10 performance, which didn't seem to be too promising at all, hope those don't turn out to be their achilles heel on whatever games come in the future.

Should be a lot of fun to OC, and I'll probably get a 2nd one once I get a Penryn rig around March or so.

dan

DX10 issues is MS' ball park and affects both ATI and Nvidia.

The 3950 and 3870 does not suffer from MSAA, FSAA or any other form of programmable AA problems, it usually sees a smaller performance drop then the 8800GT.

As for DirectX problems... that's a mixture of developers and ATi(sticking to standards too well).

i bought a hd2900 xt for about 400, then 2 days later newegg released the 3870, i heard it was a great card, im sure you'll be happy with it for the price.

OMG, I just found out that it might even include a copy of HL2 E2, Portal, and TF2!

This is getting better each moment...

dan

Back