• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD vs oldCRT vs NewCRT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASync

Registered
So I got this old crt monitor- 5 years old now or so. So I was thinking to get a new monitor. I think the my old monitor degraded but maybe its just me getting all the cristmas hype.

Anyway so I was thinking to go for this : www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236028

then I saw a thread regarding CRT vs LCD...

Is there a 1/10^n chance to be dissappointed by a brand new LCD monitor compared to a CRT monitor? If so should I look for a new CRT monitor? I m not the guy who cares much about his bills and I got lot of space atm.

most people would say that lcds look better unless they see them side by side. Also there is much more that can go wrong with a crt such as geometry, fuzzyness, scrached glass, blinking, discolored edges, etc. Basically unless you are getting a top of the line monster crt get an lcd. Evaluate your current conditions and it should be easy to find out which is better for you.

Also if you do get an lcd most likely it will be better then your current crt unless the crt that you have now is a top of the line trinitron and not some 17 incher that you got will a dell computer or something.

Basically in most cases I would recommend an lcd. If the lcd you get just isnt doing it for you then go back to crt. However most likely the lcd will work just fine for what you need.

Back