• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0x...05 BSOD even after 12 hour stable p95 run??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gripp

well, i thought i had established my computer as stable after first OCing the CPU to 3.16 (2hr OCCT stable - no code) and then the mem @420 (5:6 divider at 2.1v) at 4-4-4-15 and running prime95 @ 100% overnight (~13.5 hours totals with no errors)
used the comp all day and then went to watch some TV and came back with BSOD 0x00000050
and the comp wouldn't post and the post display gave me a det mem which i assume is detect memory) error
after a boot and pulling the chord for 30 seconds it did come back and the asus bios informed that my OC failed... so i went back and set my mem to the 1:1 divider and relaxed the timings to 5-5-5-15...

so, why did this happen? what can i do to help prevent it in the future?

Last edited:
well, i thought i had established my computer as stable after first OCing the CPU to 3.16 (2hr OCCT stable - no code) and then the mem @420 (5:6 divider at 2.1v) at 4-4-4-15 and running prime95 @ 100% overnight (~13.5 hours totals with no errors)
used the comp all day and then went to watch some TV and came back with BSOD 0x00000050
and the comp wouldn't post and the post display gave me a det mem which i assume is detect memory) error
after a boot and pulling the chord for 30 seconds it did come back and the asus bios informed that my OC failed... so i went back and set my mem to the 1:1 divider and relaxed the timings to 5-5-5-15...

so, why did this happen? what can i do to help prevent it in the future?

There have been reports of Micron D9 chips failing out of the blue.

yeah, ultimately *both* of the sticks i was using burnt up on me... (at the same time mind you...)
not even sure why since i never took them out of specs... (had it to ~840 with 2.1v tops)

but it isn't some controller b/c my other two sticks passed an 8 hour run memtest86 100%
so i'm just going to OC up to max at stock and leave the thing alone before i lose another $60 or whatever that was...

Right now I can't even run my GSkill DDR2 800 4x1gig array at rated speed in my somewhat cramped case.

Once I get my Stacker tower I can get my RAM out from under all my SATA drive cables and install my RAM fans to keep them cooler. I'll also remove all the built in chipset heatpipes on my Asus Commando and put some decent TIM paste under them.

If I can get them to 1:1, I'll be running my E6600 or Q6600 @3.6GHz if the processor can do it on high-end air.

so you think it was heat??
i didn't even over volt them though... is it still plausible?

Back