• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A free Battlefield game from EA......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You know... I really don't care if there are in-game ads for a game that you get for free, the problem arises when you have paid for the game and you see ads. They have to pay the employees somehow.

I don't mind ads during loading screens and only mind in-game if it fits with the setting of the game.

Huge textures of ads look silly in the middle of a game.

Anything free has to pay the bills somehow, so ads wouldn't bother me.

However, does anyone else find it highly amusing that this game, with it's artstyle, is featured on an issue of GFW that also has a sub-spot for an interview with Valve about Team Fortress 2?

I'm sorry, that's just a rebranded TF2 if you ask me.

I liked BF2, I was once in the top 100 for all aviators and medics worldwide, but it just got to the point of being stupid.

I'm sorry, that's just a rebranded TF2 if you ask me.

I liked BF2, I was once in the top 100 for all aviators and medics worldwide, but it just got to the point of being stupid.

+1 it looks just like tf2 lol. But hey you cant beat free!....unless they paid u to play :)

I gotta say, it may be free by it looks like its just trying to capitalize on the art style that made TF2 unique. I'll give it a go, but I dunno... at least its free :)

This is interesting. I'm a fan of the Battlefield series, I'll definitely check it out.

In-game advertising can be minimally annoying if done properly and some types of games lend themselves more to in-game advertising than others. For example if some of the maps in this new BF game are in cities, then big billboards of ads would fit right in.

I'm not a big fan of microtransactions however, which they mentioned in the news article. I guess we will see how that plays out.

I read about this on kotaku.com and I love the comment that one user posted: "Can't wait to charge in with my Burger King-sponsored flamethrower!" :D

It would be amazing if they blended the TF2 art style and the COD4 multi-player :D

I'm fairly certain that TF2's art style is not unique. It's been around for a number of years in CGI cartoons. It is odd that they would make a similar game with similar art direction though. Ah well. I don't even play TF2 as it is.

Well, its not so much unique for cartoons etc. But as far as games go I would say it is. But as mentioned before, as long as gameplay differs it should be interesting. I hope its as fun as TF2 (I may or may not be slightly obsessed with the game)

Back